Cleveland Workers' Compensation Lawyers
Getting injured workers the benefits they deserve in Cleveland
Ohio workers' compensation is a complicated and constantly changing area of law. Without question, an injured individual needs an experienced Cleveland workers' compensation attorney to file a claim. Let a skilled lawyer from Nager, Romaine & Schneiberg Co., L.P.A. (NRS) in Cleveland help. Our attorneys, trained paralegals and staff assist you through the complicated and often frustrating Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) system.
Our experienced legal staff helps injured workers get the workers' comp benefits they are entitled to. Each year the attorneys at NR&S handle more than 5,000 hearings before the Ohio Industrial Commission. Whether the issue is payment of a medical bill, payment for lost time from work or adding an additional condition to a claim or settlement, our Cleveland workers' compensation staff thoroughly prepares and works on our clients' behalf for a successful result.
Cleveland workers' compensation lawyers experienced at combating claim challenges and disputing claim denials
Often an employer, or even the BWC itself, steps in to challenge your claim, which can slow down or even stop your benefits. Your employer and the BWC may hire attorneys to have your claim or benefits denied. In such complicated situations — without a Cleveland workers' compensation lawyer on your side — your rights to full and fair compensation are not protected. That is why you need representation from a Cleveland workers' compensation lawyer from NRS.
Every workers’ comp attorney at NRS can help you through the appeal process, from filing your appeal in writing within the 14-day time limit, to representing you at your appeal hearing before the Industrial Commission of Ohio. The hearing gives you a chance to present new and more thorough evidence supporting your claim. Once your workers' compensation claim is approved, our attorneys can help obtain additional benefits and services, from a change of doctor to additional compensation. Contact the attorneys of NRS today to learn more about your workers' comp claim in Cleveland, including:
- Types of injuries workers' comp covers
- Types of workers' comp benefits that are available
- Toxic exposure injuries
- How to deal with employer retaliation
- What to expect from the workers' comp process
Types of compensation
The Cleveland workers' comp attorneys at Nager, Romaine & Schneiberg Co., L.P.A. can help clients obtain compensation for expenses related to any type of on-the-job injury — even those injuries that require only minimal time away from work, such as a broken bone or a minor concussion. Unfortunately, many injuries result in some degree of disability. The following are covered under Ohio state law:
- Total disability. This includes situations where you experience a total loss of function, including both temporary and permanent total disability.
- Partial disability. When you experience a total loss of function to a body part — such as your legs, arms, or an internal bodily function — this is considered partial disability. Again, you can experience temporary or permanent partial disability.
Our workers' compensation lawyers in Cleveland have an impressive track record obtaining settlements to compensate injured workers for a range of workers' compensation benefits, including the following:
- Lost wages. Whether your wage loss is temporary or permanent, Cleveland workers' comp law provides for compensation.
- Payment of medical bills. Our attorneys help injured workers obtain compensation for medical expenses and guide them through the process when the law requires authorization of treatment.
- Reimbursement for therapy. Physical and psychological therapies are often required to help those injured return to the best life possible. NRS helps clients obtain all additional allowances, including vocational rehabilitation to return to work or to find a new job.
There are a variety of injuries that are recognized by the Bureau of Workers' Compensation, including —
- Degenerative disc diseases
- Herniated discs
- Psychological disorders
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Back and neck strains and sprains
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Aggravation of pre-existing conditions
- Repetitive trauma claims
- Flow-through injuries
- Loss of use
- Torn ligaments
- Anxiety, stress, and depression
- Bulging discs
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Heart attacks
- Head and facial disfigurement
- Death claims for exposure to chemicals or radiation
- Dependents' claims
- Occupational disease claims
- Burns and scars
- Head trauma
- Brain injuries
Comprehensive personal injury support
Although workers' compensation is a specialized area of the law, our firm also represents clients injured in accidents caused by the negligence of another party. If you are a victim of medical malpractice, a negligent property owner, or if you need help from an auto accident attorney to obtain compensation after a collision, NRS can help.
Call our Cleveland attorneys today for a free consultation
Our firm helps clients throughout the state of Ohio, including the counties of:
If you, a friend or a family member are involved in a work-related accident or suffer from an occupational disease — or even if you think that your physical or psychological ailment is work-related — speak to a Nager, Romaine & Schneiberg Co., L.P.A. lawyer. Our workers' compensation lawyers protect your rights and seek full compensation for your claim. Call us toll-free at 1.855.GOT.HURT (1.855.468.4878) or contact us by filling out our No-Risk Consultation form. Our attorneys, paralegals and staff are eager to help you get the money you deserve.